Home / General / Monthly Reports / The Black Hat SEO Case Study – March 2017

The Black Hat SEO Case Study – March 2017

Welcome to my progress report for my black hat SER case study for March 2017. Due to being busy with so many tasks both real life as well as online my projects received little to no attention. I have decided to run three sites for this case study running different strategies in an attempt to gather as much data about the post-Penguin 4 Google as possible. I have settles on the backlinking strategies I wish to use for these tests as laid out below.

Side note – If any of these tests do rank and start bringing money in please realize that simply duplicating the diagrams below with your tools may not have any effect on your own site. They are intended as a visual aid for my plans but offer nothing on my keywords, on page SEO, link counts, link velocity, link types, the on page of my off page links and a number of other factors.

The First Domain

The first site will be around twenty pages, fully SILOed up using a tier one made up of both automated web 2.0s and contextual links from GSA Search Engine Ranker. The tier two will be made up of more automated web 2.0s and contextual SER links as well as non-contextual SER links with a tire three being made up of nothing but non-contextual SER links as shown in the diagram below.

First domains backlink profile.

The idea behind the non-contextual SER links is to help send as many search engine crawlers through the pyramid as possible in an attempt to index as many of the contextual links as I can. Although this methods efficiency took a massive hit around a year ago I have changed a few things with the concept and my test runs have shown an indexing rate of around 50%.

The money site articles for this domain are based around a new concept to me, rather than trying to rank for a specific keyword as I always have done previously they will also be trying to pick up as many long tail keywords as possible. This is a backup strategy in case I am unable to rank for the primary keyword there is a chance the domain will still get traffic and become profitable.

The Second Domain

The second domain will consist of one main page on the domain that I wish to actually rank. Although the domain will be supplemented with filler content, this is essentially fluff to help pad the site out in Googles eyes.

Its tier one is again made up of automated Web 2.0’s and contextual links from SER but rather than forming pillar links to be backlinked they are simply being used to increase the referring domains and dilute the anchor text profile. The tier one is also supplemented with manual web 2.0’s to form the main pillar links of the pyramid as well as some manual social bookmarks to again help increase the referring domains and link types to the page. The tier two is aimed directly at the manual web 2.0s as I have found they have a much better stick rate and will be made up of contextuals from SER as well as automated web 2.0’s as shown in the diagram below.

Link pyramid for the second domain.

There will be no non-contextual links used on this domain as I plan to use a premium indexing service to index the projects links. There has been a theory of non-contextual link types harming your pyramids if used so I am hoping the data gathered between this domain and domain one will help shed light on if this is true or not.

Domain Number Three

The third domain will be using the exact same backlinking strategy as domain number one with the main difference being its target pages are on an aged domain. This is not a repurposed aged domain, it is a site I have owned for over a year but have not done much with. It has a fair few niche related articles on it already but I have decided to add four new pages to this domain and attempt to rank them to see if the age of the domain plays much of a factor.

All About The Keywords

Domains one and two are in the same niche and I used the exact same strategy as I explain in my ultimate guide to keyword research to discover the keywords that will be used for the projects. Below is a breakdown of the raw number of keywords I had at each stage of the process.

  • 6245 initial keywords of interest.
  • 1907 keywords remaining after deduping the list.
  • 312 keywords remaining after primary keyword screening.
  • 45 keywords remaining after secondary keyword screening.
  • 16 keywords chosen to go live on the projects.

Fifteen of these keywords will be used on domain one with four generic articles being added to act as their SILO hub pages with the sixteenth keyword being used for domain number two.

The keywords used for domain number three are just keywords I had left over in my keyword bank from carrying out my keyword research process for the domain back when I was setting it up. Due to this, I have no idea how many keywords the process begun with but I have a few hundred niche related keywords left saved for that project if this process works so I can scale it up.

Outsourcing Is The Key

All of the money site articles have been ordered with the writer being given specific instructions via an article template to ensure keyword density, secondary keywords, and LSI keywords are exactly how I want them.

Domain one and two are based around the Amazon affiliate program so my writer will be paid a little more for those articles as I want them to try and push people who read further than the initial paragraph and comparison table to amazon further down the page.

Domain three is based on AdSense with content designed for search engines rather than people. The three main ad boxes will be close to the top of the articles along with all three link units meaning I don’t care if the user stays on the page past the initial ad blast.

Check Also

Ending The YouTube Project Already!

Just a short post today, some people may remember I started a YouTube channel project …

Join The Mailing List!